Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Saying Bye to the last group for a while



I rode with Paul to Eldorat airport to drop off Ashley, Cheri, and Ian. It was very sad to see them all leave. I knew the moment would arrive when I would say in astonishment, “I live in Africa!”

I had to move from the Brittany House after arriving back home, which added to the sadness. After unpacking most of my belongings at my new home, I sat down on my bed and didn’t know what to do. I quickly became stir crazy and had to leave. I drove to town to check my internet and do some small grocery shopping. Not too much later I received an invite for dinner and I quickly jumped at the opportunity. Much to my surprise and happiness, the dinner that some friends (they are also from Texas) had prepared was soft tacos! I could not begin to express the joy I was feeling. It’s the little things that can really turn a day around. I ended up having a wonderful night and was even excited to come back to my new home. I enjoy seeing how God works in times when I’m down. I can almost feel him pick me back up to my feet and set me to running.

2 comments:

Robin Muse said...

I am so encouraged by you! I know this has to be such an amazing experience. I will pray the Lord blesses you each day with joy.

Anonymous said...

you are an inspiration.....keep your head up and know that there are so many people behind you on your incredible God journey!

Ash