Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baptism

Happy tears flooded quickly to my eyes as Paul, the first of twenty, went into the river water that was to symbolize the washing away of his old life and the rebirth of his new life with Christ. We had brought around 40 kids down to a nearby river for the baptism last Thursday, July 24th. The twenty that were to be baptized and the twenty that were their witnesses were all so excited. Just leaving the farm grounds for a field trip is exciting enough, but to be able to take part in the baptism of half of our new kids takes the cake!

I had no idea the emotion that would flood over me while watching these kids being baptized. It all happened so quickly but I relished every moment while etching the memories in my brain. Having known them while filthy, hungry, and begging on the streets to now being washed clean of their former life and beginning their journey with Christ is one of the biggest blessings in my life. God has a plan for each one of these kids and I hope I’ll be able to watch it all unfold.

After the children were baptized, their witness was awaiting them on shore with dry clothes. When all twenty had been baptized, we circled up as a group and sang songs. Just before we began loading up the vehicles to return to school, the witnesses each prayed over their new brother/sister in Christ.

I wish I had enough space to put each picture from the day on the blog, but, due to space and time, I’ve chosen just a few.








1 comment:

Kristen said...

The last picture with Fred praying is my one of my favorite CF shots.