Saturday, September 6, 2008

Home again

For those of you who do not receive my snail mail updates, I am back home in Dallas. I can't say I'm gone for good since I hope to be traveling back to Kitale at least once a year. I'll be looking for a full-time job in Dallas soon, but now I'm doing whatever temporary jobs I can find because I'll be returning to Kenya November 15th for 3 weeks.

I've been home for about 2 and 1/2 weeks and it surely feels different - from concerns of wondering if I am driving on the correct side of the road to missing my precious 102 Kenya kids. Oh and the humid 90+ degree weather is a major adjustment compared to Kitale's perfect 70 degree day.

I am doing what I can from home to assist Cheri, the founder of Challenge Farm. She is trying to begin a child sponsorship progam. Since the addition of 60 new kids, the farm is in a great need of money. I will post the sponsorship program details on my blog as soon as I know more. The kids are all very excited about possibly having a sponsor soon who will correspond with them. You can find more information
soon on the Challenge Farm website. www.challenge_kenya.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome "home" friend. KHatley