Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sammy and an exciting upcoming event

I wish this boy could know and understand just how many people are praying for him. You have all been so encouraging to me with emails and blog comments of how much you are thinking and praying for Sammy. He is doing well but remains to be a tough 16-year-old boy. The week following his return was difficult because he was battling the difficult task of coming down off glue addiction. I found out that he had run away the day after Christmas and then did not return until Saturday, January 26th making that one month he was on the street and sniffing glue. As I have mentioned before, the glue the kids sniff is very potent and addictive. Please continue to pray that God will reveal to him just how special he is.

Within the next two weeks, the Light and Power School will be inviting 30 new boys off the street to live at Challenge Farm. I briefly spoke about this in my three-month update as an upcoming prayer request. The time is here and we will be in much need of prayer. I have been told that this is a crazy transition. For the first month, the boys will be adjusting to their new surroundings and working through possible drug withdrawals. They will not be attending school during this time.

No comments: