Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One week later






We’ve made it one full week and all 33 new kids are still here! A bit of fighting amongst the new kids has started but nothing unforeseen by the staff. Today we began taking the kids to a classroom and teaching them letters. I have never taught a grade young enough to get the opportunity to teach letters and handwriting. It has been an enjoyable change. The quietness in the classroom amazed me. I took these pictures as proof. They looked like angels!

In their free time, they really love to play cards. I can’t quite pick up the game they play but I enjoy watching them. I can tell that this is what they did most of the day when they weren’t begging for food on the street. It brings me such happiness to be teaching these kids I used to walk with on the street as they begged me for money or food. God is really blessing me with the opportunity to see them change here at Challenge Farm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey rhonda. i enjoy reading your blogs. we're in kenya now, so i look forward to meeting you soon!